This giveaway offer has expired. Axel's Chain Reaction is now available on the regular basis.
A creative tinkerer, Axel Jansen struggles to connect with his classmates and get them to see past the fidgety, distracted, clumsy boy they think he is. Inspired by the work of Kinetic artists, the third-grader decides to build a moving insect to show everyone at school what he’s capable of.
Axel’s own traits means he’ll need a large dose of perseverance in order make a moving sculpture he’s proud of: a swinging, vibrating, tinkling work of art. But his personal bully Daniel sets off a disastrous chain reaction that leaves everyone yelling at each other!
Axel believes he can help by creating a beautiful sensory experience out of this mess —if they give him the chance…
BOOK APP FEATURES:
* ALLOWS FOR DIFFERENT LEVELS OF READER IMMERSION: Explore pages to discover extra dialogues, thoughts, or details of Axel’s creation process. Or skip them if you’re anxious to find out what happens next, and then read the story again if you want to know more.
* SOME OF YOUR INTERACTIONS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THE STORY PROGRESS: Open Axel’s glued fingers so he can continue working, rub the splashes of paint clean, knock on the classroom door to see Axel’s giant artwork. If you don’t, you won’t see what happens next! (Hints provided).
* PLAY A CREATION MINI-GAME INSIDE THE STORY: make your own animals using objects from Axel’s kitchen.
* HEY, YOU’RE THERE… AT THE END OF THE STORY!
*OPTIONAL SETTINGS: Turn off sound effects and/ or Narration.
- HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES: Step-by-step instructions to make kinetic sculptures at home or school, for different levels of ability.
- BIOGRAPHIES of the 3 kinetic artists featured in the story.
- 3D OPEN-ENDED GAME: New! Domino Effect creation game.
Story by: Allison Pomenta, member of Moms with Apps "Know What's Inside" Program, and of the Book App Alliance. Illustrated by Mónica Armiño. Development by: Cubic Jigsaw (a division of Higuera Studios).
Laura Allison Pomenta Badolato
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch