Context Camera (formerly called Recon Camera) helps you to collect critical information by stamping your photos with direction, location and time information, as well as two optional comments. Never question where/when/why a photo was taken again.
HOW IT WORKS:
Open the app and take a photo - it's that simple.
The photo is automatically written to your camera roll. The overlay shown on screen is exactly what will appear in the photo itself.
CAPTURE PHOTOS WITH INFO:
- Capture photos using the built in camera of your device.
- Focus, zoom and flash settings are supported on compatible devices.
- Photos you take are overlaid with information including:
* location (latitude/longitude, UTM or MGRS)
* direction (degrees or mils)
* two user comments
* date and time (variety of formats)
- All information is also written to the image file as metadata.
VIEW, ANNOTATE AND SHARE YOUR PHOTOS:
- View photos taken with the app in the built in gallery
- Draw lines and boxes on your photos for emphasis
- Quickly share photos via email/SMS/social media
- All photos are written back to your camera roll so you can use them outside of the app easily
WHAT IT DOESN'T DO:
Anything other than the above. Feel free to shoot me an email if you're not sure if Context Camera is right for you.
Note: This app will not stamp photos you have taken outside of the app. Only the WGS84 datum is currently supported. iPods and WiFi-only iPads are not supported as these devices do not have a GPS receiver in them.