Every day we offer FREE licensed iOS apps and games you’d have to buy otherwise.
This giveaway offer has expired. DrumKick is now available on the regular basis.
DrumKick is the ultimate live performance drum app on-the-go! It gives you the freedom to play a great-sounding, intuitively laid-out drum kit anywhere—without the hassle of lugging your entire acoustic set to the show. Simply plug into a P.A. system, headphones, a boombox, or an amplifier, and you're ready to rock!
– Now with Core and Virtual MIDI support!
– Now with Audiobus & Inter-App Audio support!
– Featured in Apple's December 2014 Music-Making Apps for "The Song."
– Featured in Apple's Band In Your Hand showcase
– Rated as a Killer App on Apps4iDevices
DrumKick is the only stereo drum app that allows you to play the kick drum with your foot!
With DrumKick installed on two iOS devices, such as an iPad and an iPhone, you can use the iPhone as a Bluetooth remote to play the kick drum with your foot! It also works with two iPhones or iPod touches. Or, you can mix and match.
How does it work? Playing the virtual kick drum pedal is achieved by inserting the iPhone (upside down) into a snug fitness band that's wrapped around your ankle, or the front tube of your relatively clean crew sock. Tap your toes with your heel down, and the iPhone's accelerometer will trigger the kick drum sound on the iPad via Bluetooth.
• Play the kick drum sound with your foot, using a second iOS device via Bluetooth.
• High-quality drum stereo sounds with independent control of their volume, pitch and pan levels.
• Low-latency with drum taps and sounds.
• Retina-enhanced, interactive, 3-D animated drums and cymbals.
• Optimized for iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5s.
• Multiple tap regions for triggering different drum and cymbal sounds.
• Ability to switch the drum kit's audio output from stereo to mono when connected to stereo speakers, such as a P.A. system.
• Touch-hold on the crash cymbal for a choked cymbal* muting effect.
• Audiobus & Inter-App Audio support (iOS7+) for adding effects apps to DrumKick's output and recording into to GarageBand, Loopy, or AudioShare.
• Core MIDI IN & OUT support, thanks to Nic Grant of Audeonic Apps for his robust MidiBus Library (http://midib.us) and generous help.
• Jam along with music apps that run in the background, such as GarageBand, Pandora, or your iPod music library.
• Minimum requirements: iPad 1, iPhone 3Gs, and iPod touch (3rd generation), running iOS 4.3 through iOS 7. Although this version states iOS 7 only, you can still download the prior iOS 7 build of DrumKick, which runs on iOS 4.3 - iOS 6.1. iPad 2, iPhone 4S and newer devices are recommended.
* No cymbals were harmed during the making of this app.
DrumKick is not just for professionals. Kids and toddlers love playing it, too! The best part about it is volume control and the headphone jack! Please feel free to rate and review DrumKick in the App Store. As an independent developer, your feedback will allow me to make further improvements, and make DrumKick the best drum app that I can.
1. Missing UI panel for controlling the playback and recording from an Inter-App Audio connected app.
2. The right crash cymbal's glow does not disappear upon exiting drum edit mode. Simply tap on a different cymbal or drum to turn it off.
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch