Every day we offer FREE licensed iOS apps and games you’d have to buy otherwise.
This giveaway offer has expired. GeoCon HD is now available on the regular basis.
GeoCon HD is an educational game for the iPad. It is useful for students, teachers and math enthusiasts studying plane geometry since the geometric constructions of GeoCon HD are one of the most interesting and exciting areas of geometry. With GeoCon HD you will literally create and touch various constructions with your finger. In this way, an important part of geometry is made both tangible and interactive. It can even be fun!
Resolve construction tasks, discover new levels, gather achievements, compete with your friends and increase your mathematical reasoning skills and understanding with GeoCon HD. Have fun and learn at the same time!
- 38 levels in 4 categories provide something for everyone from a beginner to a skilled student
- levels can be completed in a multiple different ways – GeoCon HD is flexible!
- hints, user-friendly solutions and guidance are available in the app – GeoCon HD is a helpful and provides guidance.
- move, scale and rotate the canvas, and also move points to get a different perspective on the level. Of course, you can undo and redo any of your construction steps, so that new approaches can be tried without any stress.
- a Practice Mode is also available, providing a learning environment without the pressure of Game Mode
- achievements are available in the Game Center, providing a level of friendly competition.
Easy tutorial steps will teach you the basic geometric constructions: setting and moving points, constructing lines and circles, creating intersection points.
After the tutorials, there are 38 challenging levels with different complexity, which makes the game interesting for everyone no matter what their skills in geometry currently are.
All game levels are divided into four categories: Basic constructions, Line segments, Triangles and Circles. Completing these first levels provide you with new construction tools. These new tools make the completion of more complex levels less tedious – the same way a professional mathematician works.
As a reward for each level you will get a silver or golden medal. The golden medal is given for each level solved through a minimum possible number of moves. Stuck on some level or just want to find out how to solve it with the minimum number of moves? GeoCon HD provides hints for each level. If needed, in-app purchases can provide you with additional hints.
Game achievements are available for you in the Game Center. Compete with your friends in gathering these achievements. Some game levels have multiple solutions, and finding these additional solutions to a level will provide you with even more achievements
A Practice mode is also available. In Practice Mode all construction tools are available. You can use Practice Mode for studying the construction tools and resolving your own ideas prior to entering Game Mode.